Monday, May 5, 2008

Gunner's Blessing Weekend

To start off the weekend I was suppose to go with the High School Seniors on an overnight hike/campout on Friday. Thursday night B, Ry and R started puking. I woke up that morning to get Mk ready for school and K started it. I cannot go off and leave everyone sick, muchless if I go and get the pukes...yuk! So I stayed home and took care of sick people. Midway through the early release day the school called and said that Mk was throwing-up, so off to get her.

Amazingly, Saturday morning everyone woke up and felt 100%. I'm thinking that it might have been something we ate for it to be everyone...on the same day...except me unfortunately!
Saturday morning was Opening Day for Little League. R & I got conned into coaching Mk's softball team and K is playing t-ball.

We got home from getting team pictures and headed off to Pima for Gunner's blessing. It was such a fun weekend, I always have fun there! My mom being the fun grandma that she is played outside with the kiddos...races, rolls, red light-green light. The kids had a good time! My dad took Abbi, Dustin, Ami and I to Dairy Queen for an after-you-get-the-kids-down treat, and we had called in an order for the all important...potato munchers! It has become a tradition of my sisters and whoever else when we get together to go to Jerry's late at night always ordering potato munchers. We stayed with Heidi at her house along with Aunt Ami and Cousin Cyndi...always a good time.

Sunday morning we went to Pima 2nd Ward church, that ward brings back so many great memories of when I was growing up...so many great people! And Baby Gunner was blessed by his dad (I never got a picture). Seeing him in his little blessing outfit reminded me of my Baby Braxton. Grandma had made the same little outfit. I can't believe that it had been six months on Saturday...I still think of him everyday!

After the blessing, we had a taco salad at Grandma Evelyn and Grandpa Joe's house. It was such a beautiful day that we ate outside and visited under the pecan tree. Thanks for the visits from everyone I sure enjoyed my weekend!


3 comments:

Mandy said...

Yuk! Glad you are all feeling better. Thanx for sharing your feelings about your baby boy, it strengthens me every time you do. You are a great example to me. I feel lucky to have gotten to know you!

csrussell said...

Marci it was so much fun seeing you and your girls we missed robert. Its always fun when us cousins get together.

McCall Ménage said...

good grief... seeing all these Pima people in your pictures makes me feel awful competitive. Like we're about to play a ball game or something!