Sunday, May 18, 2008

Getting the garden ready...

Robert's parents always have a nice, big, wonderful garden. On Saturday we went and helped them plant. The girls had a good time playing in the dirt and mud and helping Poppy and Grammy!

Last year after everything was harvested I bought a pressure cooker. I have used it for beans, meat and chicken, but not for fruits or veggies. I love looking in the pantry at food I have canned. I have helped my mother-in-law put up her fruits and vegetables every year since we've been here, so I finally am going to be able to use my own to help! Pretty exciting!

K before, just thought it was a cute pic of her...

planting, everyone hard at work...

B bringing her baby and the cans to protect the plants...

setting the cans...

K watering so carefully!

2 comments:

Thueson Family :) said...

I can't believe how big they have gotten!! Give them all a BIG hug and kiss for me... and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY!!! =) I call later!! Love ya!!

Mandy said...

I loved helpin with the garden when I was a kid. Maybe when we get the house done we will plant one. Cute pictures.