Thursday, July 17, 2008

Water, picnic, & ice cream...

whatelse is there? We had an Enrichment yesterday taking the kids to play in the creek in Greer, having a picnic, then we stopped at the little ice cream shop to finish out a great day! We had such a great time! There were a few dark clouds in the sky when we first got there, they would come and go, but overall it was a perfect day! The kids played in the water, went on a little hike, read in the shade, and enjoyed being with each other, and of course it was a much needed retreat for the moms (and dads) that went. I had a great time just visiting! Thanks girls (and Steven) for making my day!

Deciding whether it was worth getting in or not...

I get it was a good decision...

K helping everyone back across...

Mk & Janelle couldn't resist dunking their heads...

B taking the chips with her so no one else would get them...

Savory Strawberry Ice Cream...

Chocolate All-Around...

The kids enjoying their ice cream...

5 comments:

Candace said...

Oh - thanks for sharing your enrichment! I don't always get to go to ours. Mostly not as Russell usually has to meet with the Stake Prez on those nights and it's 1 1/2 hours away - one way.

bigelow family said...

nice crop job on that picture of the kids at the picnic table :-) It was so much fun- thanks for being the ringleader!

Thueson Family :) said...

Looks like they had SUPER fun!! =) And to answer your question about using beer in the fondue.. I did not. I was going to, but then I saw the bishops wife at the store and didn't want her to think anything crazy!! =P So I just used chicken stock. If you make it and you use it, let me know how is it. =) Love ya!!

Clint said...

Cute pictures Marci!

Mandy said...

Hey long time no see!! I love those pictures, I wanna go on a picnic we have just been too busy this year. We need to play v ball again once school starts maybe we wont be soo busy.