Sunday, July 27, 2008

24th in Snowflake...

with my parents and the Hunt Reunion. It was extremely hot while we were watching the parade this year, and it was over an hour long, so I have a new favorite treat to be thrown...otter pops and cold water! It was so refreshing to have an otter pop to suck on in the heat! Here are a few of my favorite floats!

I have LOVED this little train since the first time I saw it...come on dad in your spare time!

The theme this year was something to the fact of Women...the Heart and Soul of Pioneering. I thought this float was cute...they were the heart and SOLE with the little toe pokin' out!

Another one of my favorites...Without Women Your Float Would Look Like This. It had a butcher paper rolled up in the middle with nothing else on the float. Isn't this so true! On the few floats that I have worked on it has been Women In Charge to get things accomplished!

We had a fun day of beans, bread, and Uncle Jeff's Homemade Ice Creams. My favorite this year...Blueberry Cheesecake...yum! Then we went over to the BBQ (my parents were serving there) and Mk & I ate some yummy BBQ.

While we were there we had a little scare. The girls and a bunch of kids were climbing on this big rock and jumping off. The little girls had done it and after Mk was finished with her food she went to climb on the rock. The grass was wet and as she jumped off her feet slipped out from under her and she landed flat on her back. As she was walking over to me I could see that she was gasping for breath. It was a look of terror! I ran over to her afraid that she had really hurt herself. I took her inside and she lay on the carpet. It just knocked the wind out of her, but initially it was pretty scary! My dad asked her if a Dairy Queen would help her, of course it would, so we went for more ice cream and she was cured!

1 comment:

Thueson Family :) said...

I miss going to the 24th!! I'm glad that you all had a good time!! =) I sure miss his ice cream!!