Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July

We had a great fourth!!! First, we went to the parade. It seemed extra good this year...it's always better when it falls on the weekend!

Kids waiting for some more candy...

I got a little teary-eyed when the military helicopters came up the parade route. It was very touching seeing everyone exchange waves from the military men in the helicopters waving down to the people and watching the parade viewers wave back. I felt like I was able to say thanks to them for their service for us! AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!

My girlies...

After the parade, my in-laws always put on a Chili Beans and Bread luncheon for anyone that wants to come. It was very well attended this year...all of their family, my parents, grandparents and Aunt Mame, the Scott Hawkins' family {good to see ya Steven, Cim & little boys}, and other extended family! Good to reacquaint with everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome helicopter pictures! That's pretty cool that they could do something like that.

Candace said...

I miss the Eagar 4th of July parades. They are always very patriotic.