Monday, April 21, 2008

Busy, busy week...

This week has been so crazy and full that I haven't even had a moment to post anything, so here it goes.

Monday evening...Brother Allred called while R was at class and said to have him call back ASAP. I immediately called him because on Sunday they read a letter stating that next Sunday we would be getting a new bishopric...oh know??? R called him and he said the Stake President wants to meet with you and Marci. Needless to say Monday night was a rather restless night!

Don't remember what day this was but the girls had a coloring book on the ottoman and everyone was coloring...getting along!

Tues...yep, he was called to be the 2nd counselor in our new bishopric. He felt very inadequate, but I know that he will do a great job. He loves the youth, he loves to be involved, and he loves to talk...he'll be great, right!?! Meanwhile he was missing his basketball game, so all his buddies kept teasing him about being called into the bishopric, he told them, "No it was actually just to set M apart." It worked out perfect. I actually was getting set apart at 8 pm that night for my new calling...1st counselor in Stake Young Womens...I'm so excited for this new calling as well! I had a meeting afterwards to discuss upcoming Senior Hike and Youth Conference.

Wed...the only clear day on my calendar for the entire month of April, but as it turns out it wasn't clear. I decided to work on the girls' bathroom, turned out sooo cute! One project down...many more to go!































Bishop Talbot called and wanted to meet with the new bishopric and their wives that evening. It was neat getting together with them, each one of them discussed how the spirit had warned them of the new calling and each of them denying it. Crazy how the spirit works???

Thurs...one of the craziest days of the week! Started laundry early (an all-day ordeal), went visiting teaching to two sisters that morning, glad I went! Went to Woodland to get the last few things to finish up the bathroom. K had t-ball practice at 3:30 (for an hour). I came home and started cleaning the house because tomorrow I'm going to Albuquerque with Mk's class, Saturday, I have a Women's Conference and family will start coming up. I was so into cleaning the house that I forgot K. At 5 her coach called me and when I saw her number on caller ID...holy cow! I had dinner almost ready to simmer so I could go to v-ball at 6. Jennifer said she would take her to her house and I could pick her up there. After I picked her up I went to Bashas to get a few things for the luncheon on Sunday. I got up to the cash register and I didn't have my wallet. It was by the computer because I just ordered my new camera. So she held my items while I went home to get my wallet. At 6, I went to v-ball and played two games, got home about 8 and R left for his basketball game. He had the girls in bed, so I finished the cleaning! Whew, glad that day is over!

Fri...woke up at 4:30 to get ready to catch the bus which was leaving at 6 am for Albuquerque. Mk was excited that I was going with her, I had alot of fun too. The busride was very long...4 hours-ish to get there. When we finally got there it was really neat! I'm glad I got to spend one-on-one time with her, we had a great day! To the zoo first then to the Science Center with dinosaurs and space stuff. The zoo wore me out, maybe it was the early morning, I don't know, but we watched a 45-minute dinosaur movie and those of you that know me, yep I fell asleep. Movies and I don't get along, I always fall asleep!

Mk found her long lost family...jk!

The polar bears were a hit!


Had to take the camel ride. It made me think of people riding camels for long periods of time, pretty bumpy!

Mk holding a king snake and loving it!

When we got home Aunt Mame was here already. We love Aunt Mame! My niece, Kyia, told her mom that she wanted an "Aunt Mame." That pretty much sums up how we feel about Aunt Mame...we love you!

Sat...Ami and I went to Women's Conference. It was based on Sister Beck's talk Being Strong and Immovable by Family, Faith, and Relief. It was a very inspiring conference! Robert's sisters, Shamane and Lawana and her family were here. It is so fun to have cousins around to play with. The kids always have such a great time when they come...everyone has a buddy or two! My parents and grandparents came to support R tomorrow in his new calling! Lee and Allison also came.


Mom and dad (trying to get out of the picture).

Grandpa Joe

R...don't mess with him.

Sun...great day! Abbi and Dustin met us at church. They chaparoned Show Low's Prom last night and got home at 12:30 and up at 5. We all went to church to witness R getting his new calling. I know it will be hard to manage his time, but during the interview and in his setting apart they told him to keep his family as the priority. I know that our family will receive many blessings because of his service to the Lord. My testimony has grown five hense this past year with all the happenings we have gone through and continue to go through. I guess I have grown up and Heavenly Father thinks 30 is the magic age to teach me. We had a luncheon following church with all of our family! I love getting together. I forgot to take pictures of the day, except when we were all changing our clothes right after church, B got the fingernail polish and decided that Baby Brax wanted his nails painted. He loved it, I'm sure!



Brax showing off his bright red nails and B giving the I didn't do anything wrong look. Thanks to all of our family who show up to show your support, I know R appreciated it immensely!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHEW!!!! I wanted to lay down after just READING about all the things that you did! You are such a good busy mom! Congratulations to Robert on his new calling...and you too! It sounds like you guys will be even busier for the next few years! :-)

Jennifer said...

BUSY!! How fun though! Congrats on the new callings, that's great! Your bathroom looks really cute too!

Unknown said...

Congratulations to Robert!!! And to you on the stake calling! You are one busy lady! That's a cute picture of the nail painting, girl's are so funny! It's the first time I have seen Brax, he's a little cutie!

csrussell said...

WOW Marci you are an amazing woman. Congrats on you and Roberts new callings. how exciting. you are and awesome girl love ya lots

Mandy said...

Holy cow what a busy week!! I'm so happy for you guys with Roberts new calling, what a blessing that will be in your home. So Awesome!! Love the bathroom too

bigelow family said...

Hey Marci,

I'm happy for you guys and for me too- it will be nice to have good "bishopric help"! And I'm jealous of your stake calling! Fun! You and Robert are great people. You've been through very hard things but they have only strenthened you and made you even better. I hope I can follow your wonderful example!! Love, Amie

Cassi said...

Well Marci all i can say is that you rock. Anything that comes your way you make it awesome. Congrats to both of you. The bathroom looks awesome.