Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ooohhh Nooo...

look what the baby has found. Ry sucked her thumb when she was a baby and oh it was so cute, until now she is five and still has her moments! She has recently gotten alot better on her own. Last year when we went on our Alaskan Cruise my parents kept the girls. My dad taped up her hand so that she couldn't suck it any more. When we got home we kept it on for another week or so and she was cured??? From the end of May until September-ish that is. Then she started sucking it again...this time even worse it seemed. People have told me that she will stop when she is ready to give up her "pacifier". As of now, five years old, I have only seen her suck it maybe once a day, so I think she is not needing it as much.

So I have seen H sucking on her fist. I was talking to Cyndi, my cousin, who has a four month old and she told me that her baby found her thumb and that she sucked on her fist until about three and a half months, then one day just found that thumb. Well I guess last night was H's day to finally find it. I was sitting on my bed going over my lesson I have to teach on Sunday and I heard a very loud sucking sound. So I went and looked in her crib and sure enough she found it. I grabbed my camera thinking oh she won't be doing it when I get back, but she was.

I have to admit I think it is cute to see a SMALL baby sucking their thumb. We will definately break her at about a year before it becomes a long, drawn out problem!


4 comments:

Windsor World said...

Marci Marci... I sucked my thumb till like 3rd or 4th grade.. I NEVER wanted to stop..it took my parents to take me to the orthodontist and actually put a bar in my mouth to get me to stop..so good luck with that.. it's a nasty habit :D

csrussell said...

I agree with you its so cute seenig little ones suck their thumb but when you see older kids its just not as cute. YOur family is so stinkin cute. Hope to see you soon. I still haven't seen H yet. Love Ya

Mandy said...

So funny. I need your email, I'm going private. mdavis_23@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I have a daughter that is 35 who still sucks her thumb at times. She didn't start until she was 18 months and still is doing it when she is really tired. I just don't worry about it. She even had braces and a retainer-nothing helped so ..........