Monday, November 3, 2008

My baby is ONE!!!

Today is such a bitter-sweet day. It was one year ago that we lost our sweet Baby Braxton. This year has been a year of learning and growth for us. We have had so many inspiring things happen to our little family because of him. I love to hear when people remember him and talk of him...it is a good thing to me now. My girls love remembering him in their prayers...that we can live with him again. They talk of him often. I hope that we can always keep him as a part of our family here on this earth and in the eternities.

I would like to thank everyone who remembered him on this day...thanks for the flowers, cards and calls! I would also like to thank my mother-in law for asking me what she could do. We decided that spaghetti is a great one-year old birthday dinner...so she had dinner for us and made chocolate cupcakes. The girls each had to have their turn blowing out the candle and singing Happy Birthday! I really appreciated that and I know Braxton was there to celebrate too. I would also like to thank my mom for coming over and staying the night with us. It was a tough day and it was sooo nice to have her there! She made this little bouquet and bear for him and I made the wreath, so we took it to the cemetary for his birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABY BOY...we love you!

7 comments:

Katrina said...

Thanks for sharing this. I think it's so neat that you all often talk of Braxton, think of him, and pray for him. My mom always makes a special dinner every year for my little sister's birthday, as well. May this next year bring many more joys than sorrows to your beautiful family.

Cindy said...

I can't believe it has been a year already. You are such a SPECIAL person & may 2009 be a WONDERFUL year for you & your family =)

Terri said...

Marci-you're awesome! I love your post. How great it is that Braxton will always be a part of your family.

The Dutton's said...

I am so happy to hear of your celebration and keeping sweet little Braxton's memory alive! What a neat thing to do to remember him!

Mandy said...

Very sweet. It brings tears to my eyes. You guys are such strengths to me.

Nicki said...

Marci, you don't know me, I went to school with Robert. But, I just wanted to tell you about a blog I think you might enjoy, it is: adailyscoop.blogspot.com.

Sean Rickert said...

Oh Marci, I'm sorry I missed that day. What a sweet idea for your family to celebrate. Thank you. Always here if you need anything. cindy