Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ultimate Sacrifice...

for Locks of Love. Mk has wanted to cut her hair for quite sometime now, however her dad didn't want us to...so we didn't. The other day they were talking about it and he asked her why she wanted it cut and she said that "people at school call her Rupunzil." I guess that was a good enough answer and he said if she really wanted to cut it that it was OK. It took us a few days to gather up the courage, but after Saturday night bathes we did it!

In the braid...

She said at this point her stomache felt funny...

There it goes...

She was kept giggling that we really did it...

Here's the back...

I think it looks so much better...tomorrow we will get the envelope ready and send in her hair for less fortunate cancer patients. Some little girl will love the thick, beautiful hair that you have donated! I'm proud of you Keek...you look really grown up!

Photobucket

8 comments:

bigelow family said...

Makenli, you are beautiful, and more importantly- KIND HEARTED!! Love ya- Sis. Bigelow

Candace said...

What a great example you are Makenli! That's something most boys can never do. At least mine anyway. I keep their hair way too short. If they donated hair some poor soul would have to use super glue for each little piece of hair. You look very grown up with your new hair cut. :)

Jennifer said...

Her new haircut looks so cute..thats awesome she donated it to locks of love. I was just checking out you pictures of Alaska..how fun was that trip!

Thueson Family :) said...

WOW!!! That is CRAZY!!! Tell her GREAT job for me! That is SO awesome!! =) Only 2 more weeks till I see you guys!! YAY!!! =)

Anonymous said...

Cute hair Keek! I love it!

Jaime said...

Hi! I'm Jaime-you might have seen me a time or two at gymnastics. I never knew who you were until gym was over. I'm also one of Jana's friends in SJ. Anyhow, I stalk your blog every now and again and never post. But I had to post this time and tell you how sweet it was that your little girl sent her hair to locks of love. My 4 year old just got over 12 months of treatment for cancer and I saw many little girls with their new hair that was donated to locks of love and the smiles that it brought to their faces was something I will never forget.

Dorlene said...

What a sweet story of Makenli's hair cut. I found you through Jennifer and check in from time to time.

doodlebug said...

Wow Mak, your hair looks great! I once gave my hair to locks of love too. The difference was that you ended up with a lot of hair still.....mine was pretty short when we cut it! lol
Way to go sis!! Sure was fun to see you while I was in Eagar. Thanks for all your help at Grandma's house! You are a great little worker!! Love you