Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hydrangeas...

aren't they gorgeous! I have been researching to find something that will grown in my front flowerbed. Our house is north-facing, so it is shady the entire day...a bit hard to plant things, especially something that will flower. I am ready to get things growing around the house, however it still has potential to freeze here, so we are still on hold. In my research I found that hydrangea bushes are best planted in the shade with moist soil...perfect!!! When we water the grass it also waters the flowerbed keeping it pretty moist. Then my thoughts were where do I get hydrangeas in my town. Things are pretty scarce here with our five stores. So I was shopping the other day in BASHAS and of course that's where all people shop for their plants, right??? A lady was marking down the potted plants and my flowers were there. I was pretty excited to find exactly what I was looking for just a few days before. So I will keep them as my springy centerpiece until it warms up enough to plant them outside. When they grow to be a bush they are completely covered with these balls of cute, little flowers. I love beautiful yards and simple things make me happy!!!

4 comments:

bigelow family said...

Oooh- I need some of those for my house that faces the "wrong way!" Great idea! I'm ready for spring, too!

a. rhoton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
a. rhoton said...

Okay Marci, I love hydrangeas too, and I found some that grow here, but they are not the exact strain you found at Bashas, I tried those and didn't have the best of luck. . .if they work for you let me know. I bought some from Paisley a few years ago and they come back every year.....andrea rhoton

a. rhoton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.